none
sqldependency , Sql server 2017 express RRS feed

• Question

• Does sqldependency  works with express edition of sql server 2017 ?

On the internet they say it works , but work for me with sql 2019 entreprise and doesn't for 2017 express.

ty for help

Monday, January 6, 2020 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi G13Z_AL,

>>Does sqldependency works with express edition of sql server 2017?

Yes, SQL Dependency and query notifications work fine in SQL Server Express.

>>work for me with sql 2019 entreprise and doesn't for 2017 express.

Could you please check the SQL Server errorlog which is located at Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.\MSSQL\Log to see any error messages?

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by G13Z_AL Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:04 AM

All replies

• SqlDependency / query notification works in every edition of SQL Server; why do you think it don't?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, January 6, 2020 3:54 PM
  • Hi G13Z_AL,

>>Does sqldependency works with express edition of sql server 2017?

Yes, SQL Dependency and query notifications work fine in SQL Server Express.

>>work for me with sql 2019 entreprise and doesn't for 2017 express.

Could you please check the SQL Server errorlog which is located at Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.\MSSQL\Log to see any error messages?

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by G13Z_AL Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:04 AM
  • ty for help i found solution in log.

permission error when the event was raised

• Edited by G13Z_AL Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:14 PM