Visual Studio doesnot show Designer because of a project referenced dll not loading correctly... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a problem with Visual Studio not showing my form's designer. Here is the situation:

I have one VS2005 Solution file, which has two C# projects in it (PRJ1 & PRJ2). PRJ2 is my start-up project and outputs an EXE, PRJ1 is a class library that outputs a DLL.

The PRJ1 is referenced in PRJ2 .. in list of "References".. Basically as a Project Reference (Not as a File Reference).

When i build my solution.. it builds PRJ1 and then it builds PRJ2 without any errors (Build is succeed with no errors and warnings..). Now, If I try to open a Windows Form, it doesnot open up.. instead it immediately throws a standard message that,.. the designer cannot be opened because of a dll loading problem... At the same time, it throws the following warnings in the "Warnings" window:

Warning    1    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PRJ1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'PRJ1'
    [..... Some Stack calls here...]
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
            0    0   
    Warning    2    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.        0    0

I don't understand, why it is not able to load PRJ1.dll. The bad thing is when it is able to find the dll for building PRJ2.. why can't it load from the same location while opening the form designer..

Can any body help me ?

Regards,
    GanYo
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:13 AM

Answers

• Oh.. I am Sorry.. I will post in C# forum istead..

Thanks
    GanYo
    • Marked as answer by GanYo Friday, September 11, 2009 5:10 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 5:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Ganyo,

this forum is for GAX/GAT related things, please post your question in the proper Visual Studio forum or maybe in the c# specific forum.

thanks
    -jose.

Jose Escrich - weblogs.asp.net/jescrich
    • Proposed as answer by Jose Escrich Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by GanYo Friday, September 11, 2009 5:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by GanYo Friday, September 11, 2009 5:09 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:04 PM
  • Oh.. I am Sorry.. I will post in C# forum istead..

Thanks
    GanYo
    • Marked as answer by GanYo Friday, September 11, 2009 5:10 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 5:10 AM