none
Disabling Images in webbrowser. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Guys and gals

I am attempting to make a web browser But I want it so it will not download any images And just show text and forms to save time on loading. I have found some things on how to do this but its all in C# And does not help me much. So I am wondering if it can be done in vb.net and I am hoping that someone can tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advanced,
    Shane Graham.
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 9:18 PM

Answers

• Hi shane graham,

As far as I know, the WebBrowser control doesn't supply these functionalities for this issue.

Generally, we could disable the all image in WebBrowser control by following way.

1.You can only
    block pop-ups of the WebBrowser control in this scenario.

2.another way in IE under tools->Internet Options -> Advanced, to disable image loading on a page. 

3. you could modified the registry key  is the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\DisplayInlineImages

Just set this REG_SZ value to no before you load you webbrowser and there will be no images.

here is the sample about Extended .NET 2.0 WebBrowser Control

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/ExtendedWebBrowser.aspx

Best wishes
    Xingwei Hu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, May 18, 2009 9:37 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:53 AM

All replies

• Similar answered thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/34c6c324-9bcb-4653-bb22-252b196471b6/

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L

.Net Goodies
    [Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question]
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 9:24 PM
  • I had a look at that and it still loads The page then changing it i want to change it before the page is displayed.
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 9:37 PM
  • Hi shane graham,

As far as I know, the WebBrowser control doesn't supply these functionalities for this issue.

Generally, we could disable the all image in WebBrowser control by following way.

1.You can only
    block pop-ups of the WebBrowser control in this scenario.

2.another way in IE under tools->Internet Options -> Advanced, to disable image loading on a page. 

3. you could modified the registry key  is the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\DisplayInlineImages

Just set this REG_SZ value to no before you load you webbrowser and there will be no images.

here is the sample about Extended .NET 2.0 WebBrowser Control

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/ExtendedWebBrowser.aspx

Best wishes
    Xingwei Hu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, May 18, 2009 9:37 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:53 AM
  • Just keepin it fresh!

Ten years later, Xingwei Hu's answer still rocks. 

Only difference now is the key has spaces, so "Display Inline Images".

Use Registry.SetValue to set to "no" just before InitializeComponent()

Set it back to "yes" in the Loaded event handler.

Of course there are better controls these days (WebView) and Edge is going Chromium, so... you know...

Best regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Friday, September 20, 2019 4:20 PM