iRobot Create - Bump Sensor Polling RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to implement obstacle avoidance using the iRobot Create's bump sensors and IR wall sensor on its right side.  I have gone through the MSR courseware tutorial 3 and discovered how to poll and implement the IR wall sensor.  However, when I have tried to find an output that would allow me to poll the bump sensor's current state I could not find one.

I have set the output of the iRobotCreateRoomba service instantiation, such that, its connections are From:  UpdateBumpsCliffsAndWalls and I've also tried From:  UpdateNotifications and From:  UpdateCliffDetails.  Out of all these setup scenarios, the variables that make the most sense to poll are:  Wall and value.BumpsWheeldrops.  However, I am not able to use the Wall variable in a way that allows the create to run. 

I've tried ---- if Wall = True ---- LeftWheelPower and RightWheelPower = -0.25

|

|

Else --------------- LeftWheelPower and RightWheelPower = 0.25

When I try using the the value.BumpsWheeldrops variable, it has a data type of BumpsWheeldrops that I am not sure what to do with.

If you have any answers/advice for using the bump sensors on the Create I would really appreciate it. 

Sincerely,

Ryan

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:53 PM

Answers

•  UpdateBumpsCliffsAndWalls contains an enum that tells you which bumper was pressed. This is how yo can check its value

if [value.BumpsWheeldrops == BumpsWheeldrops.BumpLeft]

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:16 AM

All replies

•  UpdateBumpsCliffsAndWalls contains an enum that tells you which bumper was pressed. This is how yo can check its value

if [value.BumpsWheeldrops == BumpsWheeldrops.BumpLeft]

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:16 AM
  • Hi!

GueSs I can find you for help, cause u have done till lab 3! For lab 1 when you deploy from ur VPL, muz you transfer or set anything in your ebox device? I have the following error:

Error Loading Diagram
    Unable start configured partners
    Code s:Receiver
    Reason System.Exception: Failed to create services using manifest: http://nyp-08453eb9f2b:50000/mountpoint/4a383055-8e87-478f-b03d-24f4e8cd49a3/irobot.drive-2.Manifest.xml: Failed Contracts: http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2006/12/irobot/drive.html

What is your MSRSautostart diectory?

Cheers mate!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:07 AM
  • VPL does not support delpoying to CE devices. You have to generate service code with VPL and then go to visual studio and deploy the projecct from there.

Andreas

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:44 AM
  • Andreas gives a nice deployment walk through in the Visual Programming Language (VPL) 2 video here.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:07 PM