Require clarification on the potential impact of Azure disk encryption RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community

Looking to assess the potential impact of disk encryption on our estate-

These are our areas of concern:

1. Servers with Spanned disks
    2. Servers using Storage pools
    3. AD replication between unencrypted and encrypted DCs
    4. Servers hosting CIFS shares (Not DFS shares)
    5. SQL Mirroring
    6. Linux servers with NFS shares
    7. Linux servers with SFTP server role

I have read https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/disk-encryption-windows#unsupported-scenarios

But would appreciate some read-world insights too

Cheers,

MZ

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:24 AM

All replies

•  

@mZimFirstly, apologies for the delay in responding here! I would request you to please leave your feedback/comment/doc-bug/doc-enhancement/product question and more which is related to document/article directly on GitHub option(as mentioned in the below image) i.e bottom of the page in the document, We would appreciate your feedback and will check if any necessary doc/article changes  needs be performed. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:55 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?
    If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:45 AM
  • @mZim Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, March 2, 2020 7:00 AM
  • @mZim I am following up on this thread,  Is there any update on the issue? I am following up on this thread

Monday, March 2, 2020 9:31 AM