none
Send Dynamic data to Azure Logic app based on fixed schedule RRS feed

• Question

• I've a logic app, let's name it as 'LA1' having HTTP trigger. This logic app can accept multiple request types (see Request 1 and Request 2 below) and can call respective nested logic apps based on request fields - 

Request 1 - 

"Format":"F1",

"Time":"T1"

}

Request 2 - 

"Format":"F2",

"Time":"T2"

}

Now I wanted the above requests to be sent to LA1 on specific time intervals. Say Request 1 to be sent to LA1 every 1 minute and Request 2 to be sent to LA1 every 2 minutes. This was accomplished successfully using Scheduler Job Collections in Azure portal where I'd create couple of schedulers to run every 1 or 2 minutes and configure Request 1 and Request 2 in them.

Now that as Microsoft has retired Scheduler Job Collections I would like to know different alternate options in hand to send dynamic data (scheduled at specific intervals) to LA1 Logic app.

I understand that creating multiple logic apps with recurrence trigger and passing different JSON is one option however I would like to avoid the same as I would end up creating too many logic apps and in case of any changes this would need a deployment of Logic apps on every environment.

I would like to have something that's configurable (one time configuration on every environment) something that was catered perfectly by Scheduler Job Collections. Any thoughts/ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:31 PM

All replies

• There is this really awesome sample called Logic App Job Scheduler, that allows you to run a Logic App with different schedules without creating a separate logic app for each one.

The way it works is that you create a running instance of a Logic App for each schedule instead of a separate definition for each. The schedule is passed to the scheduler logic which uses that schedule to call another logic app (LA1 in your case).

You can read more about how to customize this and also cancel schedules in its README.

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:07 AM