none
Limited-access user permission lockdown mode Risk of disabling. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a client who currently has the Limited-access user permission lock down mode enabled on their site collections. They have had alot of issues with permissions. I was hoping to disable this. What are the risks of disabling this? 

Thanks. 

Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If your site doesn't require Limited-access user permission lockdown mode, deactivate this site collection feature.

Note: Other features such as publishing may require this feature to work correctly.

More information about this feature:

When you share a folder with a user who can't access the parent folder or site, SharePoint assigns the user limited access to the parent items. Specifically, SharePoint lets the user access the folder without obtaining permission to access the parent folder and other items (other than limited access). However, after Limited-access user permission lockdown mode is enabled, the user doesn't have access to the folder because the necessary limited access permission on other items no longer works correctly.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 18, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any other things you want to know about this feature?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 28, 2017 9:15 AM
  • I'm just interested to know as i'm in the process of cleaning up some of their permissions, what are the risks? For example, i know they have unique permissions at site, folder and item level. If we disable this is there any chance that this will reset any of those permissions? 
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:18 AM
  • Also if the share point server publishing feature is enabled does this mean we cant disable it?
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hi Dean,

Where in the Sharepoint settings can I disable "lockdown mode"?

Thanks, Patrick

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Its site collection level feature. There you can disable/enable it
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:30 AM