none
skygo ERROR - "apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error 6030"

Question

• Hi, I don't know if anyone else here has encountered this but when i searched on google it seems there's tons of people with this problem but no real solution other than getting windows 10. I currently have windows 7. When i try to watch skygo i get the error message "apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error 6030" I searched for a solution and most just said uninstall silverlight and instal an older version. Or there was a trick with windows 10 via device management. I was hoping to just instal the last version of silverlight and give that a try but i can't find a link for this.

Does anyone here know how i could install the last version? I would be very greatful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:44 PM

Answers

• Have you tried the advice here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Apologies-this-item-has-been-interrupted-due-to-an-error/td-p/2292527

"

Login to Sky Go and click 'Watch live TV' from the home page. It will attempt to show Sky News and fail with the error [t6013-c1501].

2. Right click on the error and you should see the Menu option 'Silverlight'. Select this and a dialog should appear. Click the 'Application Storage' tab and delete any entry that relates to sky go. Click OK to close the dialog.

3. Close the browser (if you don't the next bit will fail as it will be using the file you need to rename).

4. Open explorer and navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady

Note: This folder might be hidden on your PC, if so in explorer select Organize->Folder and Search Options->View->Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

5. Rename the file mspr.hds to mspr.hds.OLD

Note: Don't rename/delete the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady or you will get the error [t6000-c1501]. The folder must exist in order for the new file to be created by Silverlight.

6. Log back into Sky Go and click 'Watch live TV', this time you should see a message saying something like downloading security components.

"

Remember to turn off the show hidden files after you do this - unless you like weird icons appearing on your desktop.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: Layout Lab; All my Technet Articles

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:25 AM

All replies

• Have you tried the advice here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Apologies-this-item-has-been-interrupted-due-to-an-error/td-p/2292527

"

Login to Sky Go and click 'Watch live TV' from the home page. It will attempt to show Sky News and fail with the error [t6013-c1501].

2. Right click on the error and you should see the Menu option 'Silverlight'. Select this and a dialog should appear. Click the 'Application Storage' tab and delete any entry that relates to sky go. Click OK to close the dialog.

3. Close the browser (if you don't the next bit will fail as it will be using the file you need to rename).

4. Open explorer and navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady

Note: This folder might be hidden on your PC, if so in explorer select Organize->Folder and Search Options->View->Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

5. Rename the file mspr.hds to mspr.hds.OLD

Note: Don't rename/delete the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady or you will get the error [t6000-c1501]. The folder must exist in order for the new file to be created by Silverlight.

6. Log back into Sky Go and click 'Watch live TV', this time you should see a message saying something like downloading security components.

"

Remember to turn off the show hidden files after you do this - unless you like weird icons appearing on your desktop.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: Layout Lab; All my Technet Articles

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Hi folks. In case this help anyone, I had the same problem. The problem arose when I installed the generic TeamViewer monitor driver (Teamviewer 12.0.71503) and was resolved with a simple RollBack uninstall of this driver. This can be achieved by pressing the Roll Back Driver... button on the Properties/Driver tab of Device Manager/Monitor/Generic PnP Monitor. I am not sure why there's a conflict and it is possibly @TeamViewer who should be looking at this problem. Anyway, hope this helps someone.

• Edited by ciaoster Sunday, December 11, 2016 1:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Schahxad Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:44 PM
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 1:51 PM
  • I resolved this issue by removing my Kensiington Display Link USB Video Adaptor.  Regardless of which screen I was playing Sky Go on.

I recently updated the driver for the display adapter recently as it was causing a BSOD.

So its def driver / hardware related.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Friday, July 21, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Thanks a lot, ciaoster. I tried so many things without any success until I spotted your reply. Uninstalling the team viewer driver solved the problem.

Regards

Shahzad

• Edited by Schahxad Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:52 PM
    Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:47 PM