Windows Phone & Windows Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I suppose these two will be supported at some point, correct? And if so, is there a roadmap for preview? Frankly, with the flood of cheap Windows Phone devices, performance is becoming an issue (while storage space is not, given you can install on SD cards now)
    Sunday, September 7, 2014 9:28 AM

Answers

• While we're focusing initially on Windows Store apps, other platforms are definitely something that we'll be taking into account as we get store apps up and running.

I agree with your comments about Windows Phone - and since there's a very close relationship between store and Windows Phone apps that would be a natural target for us to go after next.   We don't have specific timelines yet, but Phone is definitely a target that we'll be looking at sooner than later.

Windows Desktop has a much larger surface area to pull in, so that would be something which would take longer to get up and running than Phone support will take.

-Shawn

Monday, September 8, 2014 4:58 PM

All replies

• While we're focusing initially on Windows Store apps, other platforms are definitely something that we'll be taking into account as we get store apps up and running.

I agree with your comments about Windows Phone - and since there's a very close relationship between store and Windows Phone apps that would be a natural target for us to go after next.   We don't have specific timelines yet, but Phone is definitely a target that we'll be looking at sooner than later.

Windows Desktop has a much larger surface area to pull in, so that would be something which would take longer to get up and running than Phone support will take.

-Shawn

Monday, September 8, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Hey.  Can anyone provide any update on the topic of .Net Native for desktop apps (WinForms, etc.)? Should I even bother attempting to experiment with compiling a WinForms app to native?  (Haven't looked under the hood yet, but looking for motivation; wrestling with a real time app).  Thanks, t.

• Edited by tballister Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:59 AM
    Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:58 AM
  • Hey.  Can anyone provide any update on the topic of .Net Native for desktop apps (WinForms, etc.)? Should I even bother attempting to experiment with compiling a WinForms app to native?  (Haven't looked under the hood yet, but looking for motivation; wrestling with a real time app).  Thanks, t.

Could someone answer this?
    Friday, August 14, 2015 12:53 PM