none
Issue with Mapping in MDX RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

When am trying to assign a value to a member in one dimension with value assigned to another member from another dimension as below.

[x].[x].[1]=[y].[y].[10]

am getting the correct value. however when am trying to assign sum of multiple members as below getting infinite recursion error.

[x].[x].[1]=[y].[y].[10]+[y].[y].[9]

Can anyone help me resolve this.

Regards,

Bharath

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your question.

You could consider using MDX function MemberValue to achieve that. Please refer:

MemberValue (MDX)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:50 AM
  • Hello Will,

Thank you for reply .

Member Value wont it be giving the value of the respective member irrespective of the measure selected.

so in my example member value of [y].[y].[10] will give 10 [y].[y].[9] will give 9.

But here am try to assign the sum of any measure selected across [y].[y].[10],[y].[y].[9] and assign that value to 

[x].[x].[1]

Regards,

Bharath

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:39 AM
  • Post examples of successful MDX for single assignment and unsuccessful MDX for assignment of sums.

Expect me to help you solve your problems, not to solve your problems for you.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:51 AM