none
How to Convert 720p mp4 to ProRes 422 for FCP (X) editing on Mac

Question

• Any suggestions on how to convert H.264 Mp4 files? I have a CG-10 Sanyo and that's the file it converts to, 720p. Looking to edit the footage with existing DV footage in Final Cut Pro Studio
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:07 AM

All replies

• You are seriously LOST!  FCP is an Apple product supported by Apple:
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/
      According to the information poated on the Apple website @
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-cut-pro/id424389933?mt=12 FCP is an Apple OS only application.  There is no Windows 7 version.

This is a Microsoft forum and FCP is not a Microsoft product.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Now I have tried Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac to convert 720p mp4 files to FCP best supported Prores codec.
    • Edited by kellly456 Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:21 PM fault
    Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:20 PM
  • What do you not understand about this not being an Apple forum?

This is a Microsoft Windows 7 forum for the discussion of issues directly related to Microsoft Windows 7.

Anything and everything you post here about Apple products is a total waste of time because it is totally irrelevent!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:49 PM

• iDealshare VideoGo is just the ideal MP4 to Final Cut Pro Converter! It can easily convert all kinds of MP4 videos whatever recorded from cameras/camcorders or downloaded from website like YouTube, or from other sources to FCP, FCP X, FCE supported Apple ProRes or DV.

Besides converting MP4 to FCP format, this powerful MP4 Final Cut Pro Converter also helps to convert other video formats like MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, VOB, AVCHD, MXF, MOD, TOD, RMVB, 3GP, FLV, ASF, SWF and etc to Final Cut Pro supported video format.

Furthermore, this ideal MP4 to FCP Converter also features advanced editing functions like trim MP4, crop MP4 black bars, rotate MP4 video, add subtitle/watermark/effect to MP4 files, increase MP4 audio volume, merge several MP4 files into one and etc
    Friday, August 16, 2013 6:48 AM
  • May be you can use QuickTime. But i think it is complex.

Now i recommend you a program which is a professional Final Cut Pro Converter. Here is the full guide about how to use the program to convert mp4 file to Final Cut Pro Converter at Google search:FCP Converter - Convert and Import AVI, WMV, MP4, iMovie, YouTube to Final Cut Pro/Express

Hope it can help u!
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:33 AM
  • You can use UFUSoft HD Converter for Mac to convert MP4 to ProRes 422 MOV for Editing with FCP X on Mac.
    Friday, March 7, 2014 2:26 PM
  • MP4 is a final delivery lossy video format which is not suitable for editing in non-destructive video editing software like Final Cut Pro.

Apple ProRes is an ideal format for Final Cut Pro.

I use iDealshare VideoGo which can easily convert all kinds of MP4 videos to FCP, FCE supported Apple ProRes, MOV or DV.

Besides converting MP4 to FCP format, iDealshare VideoGo also helps to convert other video formats like MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, VOB, AVCHD, MXF, MOD, TOD, RMVB, 3GP, FLV, ASF, SWF and etc to Final Cut Pro supported video format.

Just google search Step by Step Guide to Convert MP4 to Final Cut Pro with iDealshare VideoGo, you will find a detailed guide.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:38 AM
  • iTunes movies are protected with <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="13" id="13">DRm</g> protection. In order to edit iTunes movies on final cut pro, you need to get rid of the DRM and then convert the video formats. I have done that before. it is easy as long as you have the iTunes video converter. 

https://www.drmare.com/
    Monday, November 26, 2018 1:53 PM