Silverlight issue on IE7 multiple tabs RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All, I have an issue while accessing the Silverlight application on IE7 multiple tabs of the same browser instance. Silverlight application works fine when you access the app on a single tab. But, when you access the same app on multiple tabs of the same browser instance, then the app hangs indefinitely, crashes, and throws the Silverlight error code “2207”. This issue is reproducible both on IE7 and Firefox also, and it is not OS specific. Does anybody know the reasons of the issue? Please kindly let me know. Thanks, Rajendranath.
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry, but i just tested in IE and FF it worked ok.

I open the same link www.silverlight.net in several tabs. 

Also 2207 normally is a design time exception. Does it contain some error message? What does it say?

Is the link you browse a public one? If it is you can provide the link so i can test.

Best Regards

Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

Platform: IE7/8, Silverlight 4, ASP .NET 4

We are facing a similar problem as mentioned in the original question by Rajendranath.

On a multi tabbed browser, if while loading of the aspx page which contains the Silverlight XAP, the user switches to another tab and doesn't return until some time (say 30 secs), the Silverlight app fails to load.

A similar question exists on StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6734605/silverlight-in-tabs-broken-on-ie

Requesting to assist in atleast providing a work around for this problem since this is a high priority issue in our production app.

To repro you may create a simple SL app that loads some data on startup.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:29 AM