none
How to make hidden OST / PST file with sync enable with exchange server RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

Our requirement is that we will have 2 storage - One could be OST / PST which would be in sync with server while other one would be local storage which will have modified mail items corresponding to each mail item present in first OST / PST. 

Now to avoid confusion to user, we want to hide first OST / PST. But as soon as we hide them, it stops getting synched with exchange server. Is it possible that we could synch our hidden PST / OST programmatically ?

Thanks

Dev

Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

No, it is not out of the box. However, you may consider a customized syncing routine using any web API such as EWS, see Get started with EWS Managed API client applications for more information.  

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Friday, November 22, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for response. If I have not misunderstood you, what you are suggesting is to write a window service which will download and send mail from hidden OST, while my existing plug-in will interact with this service.

So when we will perform sync in this service, it will use EWS API to download messages and then send those mails using IPC to my existing plug-in. Then our plug-in will update existing mails in visible PST. Am I Right ?

Can we not right this service part in our plug-in in endless thread.

Thanks

Dev

Friday, November 22, 2019 3:53 PM
  • I am bot sure what you are asking - OST is very different from PST. Are you saying you will have a regular cached OST store, but you want to duplicate it in a PST file? What would that buy you?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:17 PM