none
AnkSVN within VS2015 Shell doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• It works with TcXaeShell VS 2013 Shell but 2015 Shell doesn't allow Anksvn or VisualSVN to be installed.

Only if we install the full Visual Studio Version.

Why??? We need this to work in VS2015 cause we are using a SVN Repository.

Regards, Jochen

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi JochenF1980,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you install them from official site? Please download them in

Anksvn: https://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/downloads

visualsvn: https://www.visualsvn.com/visualsvn/download/

TortoiseSVN: https://www.visualsvn.com/visualsvn/download/tortoisesvn/

And I could install viusalsvn for VS2015 in my machine. Maybe you should uninstall previous version before installing the new one.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Note: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hello Dylan,

the Problem exists only in combination with TcXaeShell . If I install it on a machine having VS2015 Professional installed, everything works. But on a machine having only VS2015 Shell (TcXaeShell ) installed the Problem Comes along.

Jochen

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:10 AM
  • Hi JochenF1980,

Thank you for reply.

I tried to use a clean win10 1903 environment, then just install VS2015 isolated shell, then install visualsvn, there is no error.

The installation process: VS2015 Isolated Shell -> VS2015 integrated Shell -> TortoiseSVN -> visualsvn

Please try to clean your environment in case there are other process to block the installation, then re-install them.

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:30 AM