none
Visual Studio - windows form app(.NET Framework) crashes when I hit start button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I have been working with windows form App(.NET Framework) for a few days, and it worked just fine.

lately whenever I try to start the application it crashes and I get the message "WindowsForm has stopped working".

I tried to uninstall visual studio and than install it again but that didn't work, also tried to repair visual studio - didn't help..

I don't know why it happens, I tried to run windows form on my laptop and it worked, in addition other templates work.

Help?
    Wednesday, October 7, 2020 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi OfriAlum,

Please check if you installed the same .NET Framework as your laptop. You can create a new Windows Form project and check if the situation occurs in specific project. You can also try the following methods:

#1. Repair your .NET Framework;

#2. Update your Visual Studio to the latest version;

#3. Enter “devenv /ResetSettings” at Developer Command Prompt to restore your Visual Studio default settings;

#4. Remove the .vs folder in the project folder and re-run your project.

Since this forum is related to .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, if it persists, I recommend you report it in Microsoft Q&A tag Windows-Forms for a better help. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope it helps.

Sincerely,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 8, 2020 5:35 AM