TRX attachment not shown on build results page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a TFS 2015 VNext build that uses the Run Functional Tests build step using a Test Plan containing automated Test Cases.  When the build completes, the tests are executed and results appear on the Tests page of the build output.  For some reason, the attached TRX file does not show up under Attachments.  However, if I go to the Test->Runs page and open up the test run, the TRX attachment is shown there when I open up the Run.

Why does the TRX attachment only show up on the results from the Test->Runs page and not the test results on the Build->Tests page?

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken,

.trx is the whole test results file, while on the Build->Tests page, the Attachments item is for a single test. So you can't see the .trx file on this page:

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Ken Varn Wednesday, November 29, 2017 1:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

.trx is the whole test results file, while on the Build->Tests page, the Attachments item is for a single test. So you can't see the .trx file on this page:

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Ken Varn Wednesday, November 29, 2017 1:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:38 AM
  • I see what you mean. I was assuming that the Attachment on the Build->Tests page was for the entire test run. 

I guess that the Summary page would probably be the place where I would expect the attachments to be shown, but they are not listed there. 

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 1:28 PM