none
unable to load DLL sqlceme35.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting errors "unable to load DLL sqlceme35.dll".  The specified module could not be found.  However I have Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition installed on my machine and I had it listed in my references for my solution.  I then removed it from the references and attempt to re-add it.  However when I browse to this dll it says I can't add it because it is not a valid assemble. 

Anyone have any idea what my issue is?

Dave Allen

Friday, July 4, 2008 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Three things here. Did you install "SQL Server Compact Edition" or "SQL Server Compact" (no Edition). Because, the later one is sqlceme35.dll and the former one is only sqlceme30.dll. You don't need to (may not, infact) add this dll to the "References" of a managed project. This is a native dll, which does not need adding to References. Also, are you developing app for devices or for the desktop? If you are developing for the devices, the device also should have the runtime installed, not just the desktop. And, finally, are you sure that the me dll is registered? Could you register it again and try (regsvr32 sqlceme35.dll). I would recommend uninstalling/re-installing SQL Compact runtime.

Thanks

Udaya

Monday, July 7, 2008 8:55 AM