none
What can I do with the token returned from Authenticator app? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a use case where client wants to login using ADFS with SAML. That part is all setup and running fine on web. Myself as service provider. How can I login user on iOS? 

I followed the provided doc (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/howto-v1-enable-sso-ios) to install ADAL pod. Got Authenticator installed on client's device. Got to the point where calling acquireTokenWithResource() would give me back a set of access token and refresh token. Now this is where I get confused and not sure how to continue. I can use the token to query public API. This pretty works like an OAuth token. But from what I can see, the Authenticator validates the client certificate that only proves the identity of this certificate. It has nothing to do with my service. Where and how can I resume the ADFS with SAML login by using this token? Does that mean I should just assume whoever gives me this token is pre-validated to my service because the clientID created on Azure Portal and passed to Authenticator has my bundle id as part of redirect URL?

Thanks

Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hi ssiknus,

I am confirming on my end how that validation is done. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:15 PM
  • Thanks Marilee. Do you have any update?
    Monday, September 23, 2019 6:08 AM