none
Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have a problem with the Installer Projects Extension with VS 2017.

Marketplace Link: marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioProductTeam.MicrosoftVisualStudio2017InstallerProjects

The Extension doesn't work since the update to Version 15.4 and 15.5.
    When you try to build an msi package you will get following error:

"ERROR: No such interface supported 'No such interface supported'

There are some reviews that confirm this problem.

A workaround would be the downgrade to 15.3, but is there another solution to fix this problem?
    I really would like to avoid an complete re installation of Visual Studio.

Maybe someone from the Microsoft Support Team could give some information about this issue and why this hasn't been fixed for over a half a year.

Monday, January 8, 2018 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the VS 2017 installer project. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hi Aaron,

>>ERROR: No such interface supported

Please refer to the following similar issue:

Can't Add Reference, Error pops up -> no such interface supported

It has been solved, hope this helps!

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:50 AM
  • The extension has been updated to version 0.8.5 and that issue should be fixed. 

Thanks,

Rido

Rido

Friday, February 2, 2018 6:57 PM
  • Hello,

I downloaded the VS2017 Installer Projects extension.  When I try to build the project it is automatically trying to run "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Integrated) -ENU" and wont build.

See Image.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Thank you

Friday, February 2, 2018 9:35 PM
  • We are investigating this issue but we don't have a fix yet, however some users reported some workarounds like:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44907844/windows-installer-project-in-visual-studio-2017

Thanks,

Rido

Rido

Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:40 AM
  • The problem has been fixed with the update to 0.8.5.

Thank you all for your help :)

Monday, February 5, 2018 9:16 AM