TFS Connected Excel file on Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• First, let me say that I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, if the administrators would move it or direct me where to post it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created and connected to a TFS Query. It works fine on my and others computers. I then uploaded it to our SharePoint site for further distribution. When I open it there, it will not connect to the TFS server and perform as expected.  Logically, it seems that SharePoint is the issue since everything else works up to that point.

My question is, why does it not work once uploaded to the SharePoint site? I have tried to reach out to our SharePoint Administrative team who continually pushes back saying that it is an Excel issue. As far as I know, I cannot install anything locally or have users install that would make this work properly.  What do I need to do??

Sincerely,

DM

Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:36 PM

All replies

• Things get blocked. 

Have the users download a copy to their local machine and run from there, like you do. 

Running "from SharePoint" is a misnomer, because SharePoint doesn't run anything. It's just a repository. So, it probably downloads to some local internet ~temp dir and tries to run, and then Windows thinks it's a virus. 

Friday, July 24, 2020 7:02 PM