none
SSRS Tab Name with No data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an issue- I have this report which consists of 4 tables.

Each one I have added a page break and gone onto Tablix Member and changed page name to what I want the tabs to be called on Excel when exported. This works fine when each Table has DATA inside it.

However when there is NO DATA in one of the tables, it just takes the name of the previous tab and calls it (2)-as you can see below:

How do I make sure, even if there is NO DATA for a particular tab it still gives me the name of the tab I put down under page name?

Many thanks

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Taz,

How have you set the value for these page names? It sees you could set them with fixed string, and they will be exported with that name? We need to know more specifically how your design was made, to offer better support.

One other suggest is ,  you could set some hidden textbox, use its value for the page break. This won't be changed whether there are values in the table or not.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:50 AM
  • Lukas,

Thanks for your response.

I just went on group properties of each tablix and under Tablix Member (on the right hand panel) changed the Page Name to what I want

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:39 AM
  • If it were set fixed string, it should remain that string regardless whether there were data or not, right?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:12 AM
  • That's what I thought but it doesn't. When there is no data for that table, it doesn't show the tab name as the one i put down but the previous one
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:49 AM
  • That's weird. My test works as we thought. Did you have any special setting that may be notable?

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Sorry what do you mean? 
    Monday, November 11, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Just in my test, the tab name in exported excel stayed as the string I set, no matter whether there is data or not.

I'm testing with ssrs 2017.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:38 AM