none
OLE DB Provider "Stream" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Requested conversion is not supported" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am using a Synonym which calls a Remote procedure inside one procedure. Synonym is defined as Linked Server ODBC connection with Multi Subnet Failover enabled. When i Execute the proc with parameter via a Synonym, it fails with the below error 

OLE DB Provider "Stream" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Requested conversion is not supported"

Also, the proc is passed inside the parent SP as EXEC @synonym_name nvarchar(max) @parameter1 int, @parameter2 int

Any help on the above issue is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Momen

Thank you... MOMEN

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please change a provider to have a try? For example SQL Server Native Client.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, June 28, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hello, 

Thanks and appreciate your response

I tried with the OLEDB / ODBC and NativeClient also, still get the same error. is it because of Geometry column that i have been passing in the Remote Proc parameter, not sure

Any help would be great. 

Thanks 

Momen 

Thank you... MOMEN

Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:24 PM