How can i create a “share folder” that everyone in same domain can read file in “share folder” by Office 365 API ? RRS feed

• Question

• hi all~

I am sorry to re-post the similar question here, cause it not fully resolve:  my previous question 

simply describe scenario : I create a folder A, and set the permission of folder A to everyone. Then everyone in the domain same with me can access the file in folder A ~  Is it possible to realize this scenario by programmatic way ? thanks~    :)

• Edited by Sith Go Monday, September 15, 2014 3:04 AM
    • Moved by George Hua Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:30 AM Moved from apps for Office forum
    Monday, September 15, 2014 3:01 AM

All replies

•  I was developing a windows store application integrate with Office 365. In the application I need to share a folder or file to someone like this, by programmatic way rather than manual~ So is there any API or method can help me realize it ?
    • Merged by George Hua Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:43 AM same question
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:31 AM
  • Hi Sith,

You can use the set of Files API, that's part of Office 365 REST API, to save a copy of a file on OneDrive for Business. I think you use the REST API to "create file with content". The doc is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn605900(v=office.15).aspx#File6

There's a new code sample that shows the O365 REST API, and your scenario is one of them: https://github.com/OfficeDev/Office-365-APIs-Starter-Project-for-Windows

Hope that helps!

Angelgolfer

Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:01 AM
  • Thanks for your answer angelgolfer~  It is really helpful to me, but i have other question that how to get a file from other tenant's folder?  

the scenario like : tenant A set the permission of a folder to everyone, and the other tenant, just call it tenant B, can login a app and get the tenant A's file in share everyone folder.

the manual operation seems like this

So Is it possible to realize it by programmatic way? 

thanks~ :) 

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Hi Sith,

Thanks for your patience. I pinged some internal folks last Friday and looped in more this Monday evening. Will get back to you.

Angelgolfer

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:47 AM
  • Hi Sith,

This forum is used to discuss questions about apps for Office.

Office 365 APIs are in preview and are subject to change. Do not use them in production.

According to your description, you want to automatically share a folder to everyone in OneDrive. I think you need OneDrive API (Using the REST API) to achieve the goal.

I have moved this thread to OneDrive Development forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

George.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by George Hua Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:29 AM