none
Opening PDFs linked in Access database on an SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Access database on an Microsoft SQL Server. The database has fields that contain PDFs. A form in the database has a button to PDFs that are linked to the database. When clicking on the button the selected PDF opens with Acrobat Reader DC. When the viewed PDF is closed you are returned to the Access Form
    There are 5 different logins to the SQL Server. These are set up to segment the users by geographical location.
    On two of the five logins the viewing of the PDFs work automatically. On the other three logins when you click the button to view the PDF you must then use a Ctrl+Alt to view the PDFS.
    Does anyone know why the programs works well on two of the server logins, and not on the other three logins?
    Thank you in advance for any help you could give me.
    Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Robertlsparks,

>>I have an Access database on an Microsoft SQL Server

Does it mean you create a link between them, or convert or migrate Access Database to SQL Server?

Did the 5 different logins test on one computer? 

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 5:55 AM
  • Hi Robertlsparks,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 12:56 AM