none
SSRS Subscription using Dynamic List RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating our reports from Microstrategy to SSRS

Lets assume we have around 100 users receiving the report , currently we manage it via excel and using the same as source for email in Microstrategy  which saves developer time as excel are managed by users themseleves

I would like to know if there are any feature similar to above 

AJ

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi AJ,

I am not very familiar with MicroStrategy, so not exact sure what this excel function provides other than your description. 

So far, it seems it more or less a subscription function, right ?

I think we could have two ways in this scenario:

1. The user could make the subscription themselves. They could customize the subscription, when would they receive it or how, or in which format. See more here.

2. We could create a DDS subscription. Then we could save the receivers list in a table that's in SQL server. This table could be managed by admin or linked to some company app that allows report user to enlist or move their subscription.

I think for easy operation and time-saving, the first one would be a good choice here in your scenario.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

Its related to parameters 

For Instance Dashboard needs to be triggered Country Wise.

Amit would get Dashboard for India

Tom should get it for USA and so on .....

Data-set are parameterized for Country.

Can this be achieved so that SSRS picks email and Country dynamically from Table/ Excel/ Any source.

AJ

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Yes,

1st. When the users make their subscription they can pick up the parameters they want to render their own report.

2nd. In DDS, you could set the subscription parameter for every row line in the DDS table, which is used as one receiver.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:50 AM