none
Question about Symbol Laser Barcode Reader RRS feed

• Question

• I want to develop a program for Symbol MC9000 for reading barcode in Laser mode (not Imager mode). How can I do that? Do you have any sample?

I have developed an application that read barcode in imager mode but I do not know how I can enable its Laser mode?

Thanks,

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:28 AM

Answers

• Hi breceivemail,

Windows Mobile as an operating system has no standardised barcode scanning API. This means that any OEM providing barcode scanning functionality built into their device needs to create and define their own API. So you should check barcode device sdk to find the method to ebable Laser mode, In my opinion, you can find sample in OEM sdk.

There is a similar issue:

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:13 AM
  • There is an application on the device that will test the scanner, if not then there is a sample in the SDK.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi breceivemail,

Windows Mobile as an operating system has no standardised barcode scanning API. This means that any OEM providing barcode scanning functionality built into their device needs to create and define their own API. So you should check barcode device sdk to find the method to ebable Laser mode, In my opinion, you can find sample in OEM sdk.

There is a similar issue:

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:13 AM
  • I have "Symbol Mobility Developer Kit 1.4 for .Net" and it has required classes and libraries. But I can not develop an application for using its laser scanner. I do not know if my device is out of work or my code has problem. Maybe this kind of device does not have any laser scanner device. This is my problem. I do not know what to do.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:30 AM
  • I have written a lot of apps on the 9060 and 9090 series devices.

What you need is the SMDK from Symbol / Motorola, it is on the website.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:02 PM
  • I have SMDK. "Symbol Mobility Developer Kit 1.4 for .Net". I have downloaded it from Motorola.

I can not develop an application for using its laser scanner. I do not know if my device is out of work or my code has problem. Maybe this kind of device does not have any laser scanner device. This is my problem.

My device's P/N is MC9060-KK0H9AEA7WW. I have written the following code to enable its laser scanner but the imager scanner activates.

barcode1.EnableScanner = true;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderType = Symbol.Barcode.READER_TYPE.READER_TYPE_LASER;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.ControlScanLed = true;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.KlasseEinsEnable = false;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.NarrowBeam = true;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.AimDuration = 500;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.AimMode = Symbol.Barcode.AIM_MODE.AIM_MODE_RETICLE;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.AimType = Symbol.Barcode.AIM_TYPE.AIM_TYPE_TRIGGER;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.BeamTimer = 0; //Set the BeamTimer to infinity

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.LinearSecurityLevel = Symbol.Barcode.LINEAR_SECURITY_LEVEL.SECURITY_ALL_THRICE;

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.RasterMode = Symbol.Barcode.RASTER_MODE.RASTER_MODE_OPEN_ALWAYS;

if (barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.RasterMode == Symbol.Barcode.RASTER_MODE.RASTER_MODE_OPEN_ALWAYS)

{

barcode1.Reader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.RasterHeight = 50;

}

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:13 PM
  • There is an application on the device that will test the scanner, if not then there is a sample in the SDK.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Just to get this documented for others who start out developing for any Symbol device:

The LaserSpecific settings - only work if your device has a Laser scanner.

The ImagerSpecific settings - only work if your device has an Imaging scanner.

Here's the choice piece of undocumented misunderstanding in Symbol's world:

The imaging scanner uses a laser displayed "reticle" that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual scanning of the barcode other than 'helping you line up the imager properly'

- as far as I have been able to tell (18 months with the MC1000, MC50, MC70, MC35....and helped diagnose an issue with the first version of 'camWedge' on the MC35).

If someone knows better -please- let us know...

Friday, October 17, 2008 5:15 AM
  • Hello, pls can you share one of the source code, i am developing an app that will communicate with  web server internet connection for Motorola MC9000. Thanks any help provided will be appreciated
    Sunday, July 29, 2018 1:46 AM