Modified VPL Lab Tutorial 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Here is what I want to do:

I want to add a generic motor to the Robotics tutorial 1.

Here is how I went about it:

I based this off the VPL Lab Tutorial 1 with the joystick and the differential drive.

So I did the tutorial, works fine with my Logitech joystick. So far so good.

I then added a generic motor, connected it using "updates axes" in the From and "set motor Power" in the To section. Then the Data Connections window pops up. I checked "edited values directly" and typed "Rz" for Value and the Target is defaulted to "Target Power". I also got rid of the iRobot manifest and used none.

Now when I run the program I get this:

Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio - Microsoft Visual Progamming Language Debug View
    Description:
    Executing diagram - /model/joystick

Error Loading Diagram
    Unable start configured partners
    Code s:Receiver
    Reason Code:W3C.Soap.FaultCode,Subcode:unknown,Reason:Could not load type 'Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Motor.' from assembly 'RoboticsCommon, Version=2.0.730.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Motor.' from assembly 'RoboticsCommon, Version=2.0.730.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError) at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.Process() at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.InternalConstructor.CreateNewServiceHandler(ConstructService Create) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.Task`1.Execute() at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecuteTaskHelper(ITask currentTask) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecuteTask(ITask& currentTask, DispatcherQueue p, Boolean bypassExecute) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecutionLoop() System.IO.IOException: Code:W3C.Soap.FaultCode,Subcode:unknown,Reason:Could not load type 'Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Motor.' from assembly 'RoboticsCommon, Version=2.0.730.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Motor.' from assembly 'RoboticsCommon, Version=2.0.730.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError) at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.Process() at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.InternalConstructor.CreateNewServiceHandler(ConstructService Create) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.Task`1.Execute() at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecuteTaskHelper(ITask currentTask) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecuteTask(ITask& currentTask, DispatcherQueue p, Boolean bypassExecute) at Microsoft.Ccr.Core.TaskExecutionWorker.ExecutionLoop()

So where am I going wrong, how can I make this work?

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:19 PM

Answers

• The generic motor is exactly what it says it is: generic. It doesn't represent any actual hardware. You need to tell it what configuration to use. When you double click on the more you can specify the configuration. In many cases you want to use a precanned manifest. When you import a manifest it will show you the ones that have a motor in them

Andreas

Friday, June 13, 2008 11:08 PM