none
Azure Maps not loading in WPF WebBrowser control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Did anyone face issue while loading Azure Maps in WPF WebBrowser control ?

Is there any solution for that ?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Jignesh Macwana,

Can you provide us the error message that you see? Also provide some screenshots if you have.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:24 PM
  • The issue is that the WebBrowser control in WPF doesn't have WebGL enabled, and enabling requires a registry change I believe, which is likely not something you will want to do. One way around this is to use Chromium instead of the built in WebBrowser control. 
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:25 PM
  • Thanks Ricky, 

I added registry key for FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

But even after doing that the Azure Maps background is displayed like this.

The URL is : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/azure-maps/

Thanks

Jignesh.

Friday, November 16, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Do you have Edge installed? If not it will be using the latest version of IE you have installed which may be slow/limited. 

Are you able to see any requests for map tiles on the network (.pbf files)?

I haven't used the browser emulation approach in WPF for this, I've always used Chromium instead which works much better. 

Friday, November 16, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Also try running your target platform to x64. In Windows 10 there is a bug with the webview where WebGL is disabled in x86. 
    Friday, November 16, 2018 11:50 PM
  • Thanks much Ricky.

as there are multiple controls available for Chromium, can you suggest any one?

Thanks

Monday, November 19, 2018 6:07 AM
  • I've used both the WPF and WinForm chromium browser in a WPF app and ran the Azure Maps Web SDK successfully. Using the WPF version will allow you to render XAML elements above the map, but will have lower performance due to how Chromium supports this. The WinForm version is just as fast as running the map control in Chrome, but won't allow XAML elements to be overlaid above the map control/browser.
    Monday, May 20, 2019 5:04 PM