none
Problem connecting to RStudio Server through HDInsight cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a trial Azure subscription. I was able to successfully create an HDInsight ML Services (HDI 3.6) cluster. The cluster is shown as running and I can connect to its URL. However, I cannot login to RStudio server from the ML Services dashboard. The instructions I followed said you are supposed to have to login twice the first time you connect to RStudio server: the first time with the cluster username and password, and the second time through ssh. I have tried entering the correct cluster username and password several times. I even changed the password to make sure I had it right, and I'm getting an invalid username/password error. I chatted with tech support and got the impression I should not have been able to create a cluster this size with a trial subscription, but the cluster appears to be running fine.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to Azure!

When you say I’m using free trial Azure Subscription, you cannot create any HDInsight cluster because which requires more than 8 cores.

Note: Azure Free Trail has a limit of 4 cores, and you cannot create HDInsight cluster using a Free Trial Subscription.

Could you please provide the screenshot the HDInsight cluster running?

I have able to login without any issue.

First time: username admin and enter password

Second time: username sshuser and enter password

If you are logging in for the first time after creating the cluster, enter the cluster admin credentials followed by the SSH user credentials you created. If this is not your first login, only enter the credentials for the SSH user you created.

You can also sign in using the original credentials (by default, it is sshuser) concurrently from another browser window.

For more details, refer “Manage ML services cluster on Azure HDInsight”.

Hope this helps.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, September 23, 2019 4:32 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hello,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:14 AM