Resource calendar updates are not affecting project schedule RRS feed

• Question

• I got a project that is already published to Project Server 2010 which is mapped to TFS 2012. One of our resource took an unplanned leave early this week. So, I opened that specific resource from Resource Center through PWA and edited his calendar and marked those days as Exception Days. The project plan that opened when I chose to edit the resource had "Checked-out Enterprise Resources" title. After I was done, I closed the project. The project plan did not alerted me for publish or check-in.

However, when I opened my team project plan from Project Center which already had the tasks planned and resource assigned, I noticed that for that particular resource his calendar was updated with Exception Days that I updated through Resource Center.

The problem is this has not resulted in any change with respect to individual task completion and overall schedule. The start and finish dates were exactly same as before changing the resource calendar. All the tasks are auto scheduled and even tried "Calculate Project" to see if that makes any difference but in vain.

I also tried to explicitly publish the resource calendar changes after this but again I was not successful in noticing schedule changes.

Did anyone encountered similar problem and how did you managed this issue?

Regards,

Nandeesh

Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Nandeesh,

Thank you for your post.

I am trying to involve someone to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:25 AM
  • OK, I found an alternate way to achieve this. I made the resource to enter his day-off in his timesheet entry under Administrative time for a Non-Working type task (Vacation). This has offset the schedule by a day as expected.

I find the above approach simpler (maybe this is how it is expected) than updating resource calendar.

This issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Nandeesh

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:41 AM