none
Netflix Error 1001

Question

• I know this is an old error (from searching through every post), but it is driving me insane. Silverlight runs fine on my desktop, no problems. On my laptop when I try to stream Netflix it just gives me Error Code: 1001. Both are Windows 7 64 SP1. I've tried everything I could find. Tried all versions from 4+, tried it with IE 32/64, Firefox, Chrome. Added netflix as a trusted site, used microsofts "fixit" uninstaller, and reinstalled. Does anyone have any other suggestions/ideas before I reformat? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:46 PM

Answers

• Enable Microsoft DRM Support
    ====================
    1.  Navigate to the "Applications" folder.
    2.  Double-click the "Microsoft Silverlight" shortcut to open the configuration tool.
    3.  Select the "Playback" tab.
    4.  Click "Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback".
    5.  Close the menu and your browser.

Delete the PlayReady DRM configuration file
    =============================
    1.  Delete /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/PlayReady/mspr.hds

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:10 PM

All replies

• Enable Microsoft DRM Support
    ====================
    1.  Navigate to the "Applications" folder.
    2.  Double-click the "Microsoft Silverlight" shortcut to open the configuration tool.
    3.  Select the "Playback" tab.
    4.  Click "Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback".
    5.  Close the menu and your browser.

Delete the PlayReady DRM configuration file
    =============================
    1.  Delete /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/PlayReady/mspr.hds

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Silverlight error code 1001 netflix

I had this problem for 6 months. Finally I back tracked my browser to the last date netflix work and uninstalled all the new fonts I installed after that date. You will not get help from netflix or MS concerning this issue. However, it worked for me.

Step 1: check to see if your Sliverlight is working by going to this site: http://bubblemark.com/silverlight2.html. If you see the animation test this might NOT be your problem. However, if you can't see the animation this might solve your problem.

Step 2: Check your browser history date for the last time netflix worked on your system. Make note of the date.

Step 3: Go to start -> Control Panel -> fonts folder -> delete all fonts installed after that date.

Step 4: refresh your browser.

Step 5: Go to http://bubblemark.com/silverlight2.html. If this works you should be good to go! Best of luck.

Note: It might also be an application that you have installed not just a font. So if you have installed applications and than the netflix site stopped working delete the application.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:28 PM