none
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect a Microsoft Access Database with my application but this error appears when the connection is tested in VS2017. I have installed Microsoft Access Database 64 bit (Office 365). I am using Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 as provider. From my research in order to fix this problem I understand that a version of Access Database Engine 2010 and 2007 64 bit should be installed to fix the connection error (if I am not mistaken?) The 2007 engine has been removed from Microsoft's website and I only installed 2010 version. Initially this fixed the problem but if I am closing and reopening the application the error pops up again. (When I run the app I get the 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine error.) I tried using the 2010 engine 32 bit but still not working (apparently for some users this fixed the issue, no idea why). 

If anyone has any ideas I would be very thankful.

Regards

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi beckss,

"Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" can’t be used on "x64" platform, so you can try to change the target platform of the project to "x86".

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by beckss Friday, February 15, 2019 9:10 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi beckss,

"Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" can’t be used on "x64" platform, so you can try to change the target platform of the project to "x86".

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by beckss Friday, February 15, 2019 9:10 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 7:38 AM
  • This fixed my problem. Thank you!
    Friday, February 15, 2019 9:11 AM