none
Azure B2C Blazor and how to handle different events in the custom application after signup with Azure B2C RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Need some guidance on how to go about Azure B2C redirecting to some custom URL in my Blazor application so I can do additional processing i.e. Creating a newly signed up user in my custom repository?

Thanks

Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:31 PM

All replies

• SPCRM2011, You can use the following URLs to get the idea about using specifying the Reply/Redirect URIs in B2C app registration:

URL 1: https://github.com/Azure-Samples/active-directory-b2c-dotnet-webapp-and-webapi

URL 2: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/tutorial-register-applications

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:25 AM
  • Hello SPCRM2011,

I wanted to check with you if you got a chance to go through the links shared in the previous response and if those were helpful. Would also like to know if there are any more queries around this thread. If not and if the above response helped you in answering your question, please mark the response as Answer.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

I have briefly looked at the links but they are geared towards web api. I was looking for an example that works against the new Blazor application (SPA) framework. 

I basically need to handle when a user signs up, login in and request a password that my Blazor application needs to handle those events and run some additional business logic i.e. creating a contact record in a local repository and so on. 

Thanks

Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:01 AM
  • Hello SPCRM2011,

I wanted to check with you if you can provide some more details about the statement "I basically need to handle when a user signs up, login in and request a password that my Blazor application needs to handle those events and run some additional business logic i.e. creating a contact record in a local repository and so on.", so that I can help you better.

Regards,

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:49 AM
  • I basically have a server side .NET Core 3.0 Blazor App that is using Azure B2C authentication. 

What I am looking for is when a user Registrations with the Azure B2C. Azure B2C redirects back to my Blazor application. I am looking for a way to handle different events that occurs in Azure B2C so I can take appropriate actions in my application. 

1. When a user registers with Azure B2C. My Blazor application needs to know that a new user registered with Azure B2C so I can create record in my local repository storing the claims that were returned. 

2. When a user updates their password in Azure B2C. My application needs to know that the logged in user updated his or her password so I can logged that in my local repository.

Those are the 2 events I am looking for to start with.  I hope my request is making sense.

Thanks again for your help.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:59 AM
  • SPCRM2011, I apologize for the delay in my response. Regarding the ask mentioned above, what you can do is, create two attributes [one each in the Built-In SignUp_SignIn policy and other in the Built-In Password_Reset policy], and then once these attribute values are issued in the claims, your application should be able to read those values and then perform the actions as required.

The same can also be done using the Custom Policies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:57 PM
  • SPCRM2011, I wanted to check if you the above response helped in answering the query. Also, would like to know if there are any more queries around this. If the response has helped you in answering the query, I would request you to please mark the response as "Answer", do that its helpful for others too.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:58 AM