Editing catalog and removing images RRS feed

• Question

• I created a catalog for a friend and its on her website: http://www.paloaltotrophy.com/catalogs/clocks/source/clock_rosewood.html

Now I need to take out two images (piano finish clocks). How do I perform this task easily with EM-2?  I liked how it made a catalog, however the instructions that I see aren't there for editing a catalog, or I just over looked it. Regardless, I need help with this.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:23 AM

Answers

• I don't find that to be the case. I can select an image, push the delete key on the keyboard, and a message comes up stating: "This will remove items from the catalog. Original media files will not be removed."

If you're looking at a Catalog Set, the options are different. When pushing the delete key on the keyboard I get the options to Remove from the current annotation group (the Catalog Set) or to Remove from the Catalog.

To actually delete the media files, you need to click on the "X" in the toolbar at the top of the application window.

rod

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• I think what you've done is created an HTML Gallery from the catalog, correct?

If so, you'll need to open the catalog in EM2, remove the images, and then regenerate the HTML Gallery and upload the new gallery.

rod

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:31 PM
  • How do you remove images from the catalog without deleting them completely? The only delete option I can find for an image in a catalog states that it will remove the image from the catalog AND delete the original as well.

Andy

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:43 PM
  • I don't find that to be the case. I can select an image, push the delete key on the keyboard, and a message comes up stating: "This will remove items from the catalog. Original media files will not be removed."

If you're looking at a Catalog Set, the options are different. When pushing the delete key on the keyboard I get the options to Remove from the current annotation group (the Catalog Set) or to Remove from the Catalog.

To actually delete the media files, you need to click on the "X" in the toolbar at the top of the application window.

rod

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:08 PM
  • Thanks Rod, I was deleting from the toolbar and not just hitting the delete key on the image. Works as expected now.

Andy

Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:51 PM