none
Report Builder 2016 Filtering dataset RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In my report i have a field in my dataset where i want to filter out different numbers. For example the field contains number 20 to 26 and i only want the numbers 22, 24 and 26. 

I see where i can can filter out a single number or numbers between  given numbers. But i don't find the solution for selecting numbers.

Is it possible in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ward

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Ward,

You could set parameters for this request.

You could create a multi-valued parameter and use IN operator in the filter tab of dataset property.

You could check also this thread for further reading: Filter Multivalue Parameter on Dataset

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:42 AM

All replies

• Hi

Little update: i'm using windows report builder 2016

Kind regards,

Ward

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi Ward,

You could set parameters for this request.

You could create a multi-valued parameter and use IN operator in the filter tab of dataset property.

You could check also this thread for further reading: Filter Multivalue Parameter on Dataset

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:42 AM
  • Hi Lucas,

Multi Valued Parameters did the trick so thanks for the info.

Kind regards,

Ward

Friday, November 15, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi Ward,

Glad the case is resolved!

If the solution works for you, you could kindly mark it as answer. It could help people with similar issue to see the solution and benefit the community.

Thanks for you support.

Lukas

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:24 AM