none
Culture messed up in NumericUpDown

Question

• Hi,

We have an app that runs completely (and without any exceptions) in the browser culture (which in my case is nl-be). I have debugged at several points and both Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture and CultureInfo.CurrentCulture return nl-be.

Still, our NumericUpDown control (Oct09 release) displays its' values in US format (with point instead of comma as decimal separator). Even worse is that when we type a comma (,) in the field, it is converted to a point.

Anyone knows how this can happen and what we could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:22 AM

Answers

• who's in for a stupid outcome?

It appears I was using a different font in that textbox and only saw the top 2 pixels of the comma which appeared as a point, but it was in fact a comma, so no culture problem at all... *sigh* Zip it!

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:09 AM

All replies

• who's in for a stupid outcome?

It appears I was using a different font in that textbox and only saw the top 2 pixels of the comma which appeared as a point, but it was in fact a comma, so no culture problem at all... *sigh* Zip it!

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:09 AM
  • I assume you mean a different font in the NumericUpDown control? (You said textbox) How did you fix this? Other than changing the font, how do you keep this control from cutting my off the comma bottom? There’s no way to manually change the height, it’s forced automatic.

-Andy.

• Edited by Meestor_X Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:05 AM
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:05 AM