MP Execution failed RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a MP Plan.

I took full backup, differential backup and transactional backup on different schedules. Each job has separate schedules. After creating MP Plan. Right click and execute. following error comes

Execution failed. See the maintenance plan and SQL Server Agent job history logs for details.
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Maintenance Plan 'Daily report' contains multiple subplans. You can execute them individually by selecting their associated jobs under the SQL Server Agent node of Object Explorer. (SqlManagerUI)"

While in the Agent each job shows success status.

Why I cannot execute by right clicking on the Plan and run it...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you post the maintenance plan history for the failed run?

Thanks,

Thanks, Andrew

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:25 AM
  • please provide me you email. as I am unable to paste pictures here in text box area. Restricted by forum.

Thank you...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:53 AM
  • Hi. Mr. Andrew

SQL Agent history shows me a success of each job. Actually my point is regarding the Execution of the MP plan. When I create multiple subplans in my MP. Weekly backup, daily differential backup and hourly transactional backup. After creation of the plan. When I right click and execute it. I get following error.

Execution failed. See the maintenance plan and SQL Server Agent job history logs for details.
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Maintenance Plan 'Daily report' contains multiple subplans. You can execute them individually by selecting their associated jobs under the SQL Server Agent node of Object Explorer. (SqlManagerUI)"

Now in the job history, every thing is working fine. But I cannot make a MP plan with multiple sub-planes

I have to make create separate MP for each sub-plane.

Please provide solutions...

Thank you....................

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:44 AM
  • Unrelated - and you posted the same question independently already. 
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:01 PM
  • sorry my mistake i deleted it now
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:36 PM