none
SSRS header is not repeating in some cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Before going into the main issue I would like to give the functional back ground, We have one job which has multiple samples and each sample info should be displayed in a matrix and if there are more than 5 samples 6th should be started in a new row.

The main issue here is we are displaying the common information as a header which should be repeated in each page.

If the first set of 5 samples are having information which is going to the next page then the header is not repeating.

Please suggest how to achieve this ? I am attaching the screen shots report design and the pdf output.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Friday, September 13, 2019 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

This is probably because of the physical page break of the report. This is not treat as a page break in the SSRS rendering.  See more detail about soft break and hard break of SSRS report.

1.We could try adjust the report page to real page size to make the report beak when certain size was reached. (I don't have printers just tested with some report->pdf)

See:

2. One other thing is , since the header should be repeat on each page, you could make exact same textboxes and put them into report header section, this will make sure the header repeat regardless.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

In this report I have not included any page breaks.The recent feedback from the client is the header is not repeating in the word export either.

Can you please elaborate the details mentioned in point 2. 

Thanks!

Sam

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:16 PM
  • Hi Sam,

For example 

If the row header is fixed and shown every pages we could make same size textboxes in the report header, and align them to the tables, a last hide all the table header in the report body.

Report Header will show every page one word or pdf.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:16 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

In my design , I have different matrix to enable based on no.of samples present.

ex: 1st matrix is to display only 5 samples and if there are more than 5 then the next one will be enabled.The tablix should be displayed continuously with the repeated header in each page.

If I place the header text boxes at each matrix then there is no certainty when the next matrix will start in a new page or to align the same way that I am displaying currently.

Hope you understand my concern.

Thanks!

Sam  

Monday, September 23, 2019 12:37 AM
  • Hi Sam,

No quite clear about your design. but in my humble opinion,  you could try add page break(where it fits your report logic) into the report, the page breaks will bring table header to the report.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for sharing all your valuable inputs.

Unfortunately, There is no specific group that should be applied with page break in my report.

I have tried to apply the page break after certain no of records by creating a top group with an expression and it is working fine in PDF export but Word export is still not working.

I know that Word re-paginates everything but I could not able to find any solution.

I hope you can provide some inputs to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sam

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Sorry for late reply.

Have you worked out someting? It seems this is the limitation of Word exporting.

You could check similar thread:

SSRS Export to Word does not repeat header rows on page

When exporting to Word, Repeat header rows on each page functionality does not work

See official clarification of the limitation : Word Limitations

Regards,

Lukas

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for sharing the threads.

I have tried the way that was mentioned in the threads already and even after applying the group page break function word is not repeating the page headers.

I am in a situation where everything has gone to a stage and stuck because of these limitations which is impacting the business in a deeper way.

Can you please help me if some one has already logged this one ?

Thanks,

Sam

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:35 AM