none
Connecting to Azure Service from OnPremise RRS feed

• Question

• Assume the subsequent setup:

VPN gateway connection from on-premises network to the VNet. Azure Service (e.g. CosmosDB) connected to the VNet via a ServiceEndpoint.  Applications running in the VNET can connect to AzureService. 

Applications running on premise can't reach the Azure Service over the private network but need to take route through internet. 

How can I configure the setup so that on premise is connecting to the azure service via the private network?

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As of today, you will not be able to Connect from On-premises to Azure PaaS services using Service Endpoint. There is a new feature called Azure Private link which is still in preview which will be an exact fit for your scenario. 

Reference: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/private-link/ 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Exactly what I am looking for!

Now checking this page https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/services/?products=private-link it doesn't even give me a hint when this will be available in West-Europe.

Can you give me a hint when the service will hit Europe?

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:12 PM
  • There is no ETA on when this feature will be on Europe region. 

We will update the documentation once it becomes GA.

If above response helped you, please mark it as answer. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:53 PM
  • Thanks for the update. I  got a another reply saying that "Private link feature availability in other public regions is 4 to 6 weeks" - but I assume that this all speculation and I will monitor the link above.

Does the link above is updated when previews are available in a specific region?

Is there a need to sign up if my company wants to participate in the "preview" of private link in Europe? Or is the preview open for anyone?

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:47 AM
  • This is public preview and it is open to everyone. 

Availability of the service to the region will be updated in the documentation. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, September 23, 2019 8:09 AM