none
Disable product update in visual studio team explorer 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Unable to disable the product update under option table. file is storing under random instance ID. how to fetch that instance id?

Tried with vswhere.exe from below link but it not working, where it gets stored also not getting Please help out.

Monday, July 6, 2020 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Do you mean you’d like to disable the Visual Studio Update(2019)? Or some other products’(or extensions’) update in Visual Studio?

For “Visual Studio Update”, you can go to Tools > Options > Environment > Product Updates > uncheck “Automatically download updates” option.

For ignoring notifications in Visual Studio(VS), I’m afraid there isn’t a way to ignore them in VS 2019. You can check and follow this thread: Ignore notification.

For extensions which are installed in Visual Studio, please kindly run VS as administrator and go to Tools > Options > Environment > Extensions > uncheck “Automatically check for updates” options under “Per user extensions” and “All user extensions(Requires administrator privileges to modify)”.

>> file is storing under random instance ID. How to fetch that instance id?

## Perhaps you can check the location of Download cache from Visual Studio Installer > Visual Studio 2019 > Modify > Installation locations.

## The default path of download cache is “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages”.

By the way I notice that you mentioned Team Explorer, not sure if you are mentioned about Team Foundation Server or DevOps?

Feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:16 AM
  • Hi friend,

Do you have any update?

If you have any other concern feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2020 8:04 AM