none
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll' RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new in programming.  I developed an application using SQL Server local database of the visual studio 2008.

the application runs correctly without any error on my 32 bit windows 7 system but when i installed it my friends 32 and 64 bit systems it threw an exception described below:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.CreateErrorInstance(IntPtr& pError)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand..ctor()
       at ConferenceGENIUS.Database1DataSet4pix1TableAdapters.ReligiousDataTableAdapter.InitAdapter()
       at ConferenceGENIUS.Database1DataSet4pix1TableAdapters.ReligiousDataTableAdapter.get_Adapter()
       at ConferenceGENIUS.Database1DataSet4pix1TableAdapters.ReligiousDataTableAdapter.Fill(ReligiousDataDataTable dataTable)
       at ConferenceGENIUS.frmViewer.frmViewer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

Please i have read the past suggestions on similar issues but changing the target PC to x86 did not help solve the problem.

Please i need help urgently

Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi ooluwadeyi, 

Based on the error message, the reason could cause such error might be the file sqlceme35.dll is lost or has been renamed. We could go to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5 to check.

For a workaround, we could copy the sqlceme35.dll from another SQL Server Compact which correctly running under the same environment with the current system.

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• You must install the SQL Server Compct MSI on the computer in question. (If it is an x64 system, you must install both the x86 and x64 MSIs)
    Visit my SQL Compact blog - http://erikej.blogspot.com - Please mark as answer, if this was it.
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi ooluwadeyi, 

Based on the error message, the reason could cause such error might be the file sqlceme35.dll is lost or has been renamed. We could go to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5 to check.

For a workaround, we could copy the sqlceme35.dll from another SQL Server Compact which correctly running under the same environment with the current system.

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:50 AM