none
Unable to enter password (white screen)

Question

• I have been pulling my hair out with this issue, we are rolling out a new app and some pcs seem to have the same issue. When a user goes to enter their password into a user \ password field the screen goes white. The user can input their user id fine, when the user tabs or clicks into the password box it will accept the first character then goes to a white screen. 

In developer tools it gives the following message: Unhandled error in silverlight application code:1001 Runtimeerror Message:1001 An error has occurred

I have tried reinstalling silverlight, silverlight works with other applications, other pcs not impacted. Domain setting.... tried with a different user logged in and yield same results. I also ran fiddler with no apparent errors. This is not happening on all pcs...

Anyone have any ideas on how to further troubleshoot this?

Friday, October 13, 2017 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi GRBINC,

Please check  if the browser is set in 'Compatible' mode.

If yes, then you can try setting the JavaScript line into HEADER of your HTML/ASP page:

<head runat="server">

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

</head>

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:18 AM