none
KepServerEx with azure IoT hub RRS feed

• Question

• I made a connection between kepserver as a gateway and Azure IoT hub and I could see PLC tags in azure CLI but i can't control or change the tags ?
    Can anyone help me to find the tags to monitor and control them in azure ? 
    Monday, October 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Answers

• that's what I thought you were asking...   Since in this case Kepware is "pushing" tags to IOT Hub, the place where you control what tags are being sent is on the Kepware side (time 9:55 in the video shows the processs).   Out of the box, we cannot control that from the IoT Hub side, as it's completely controlled within the Kepware environment.  To control is from the cloud side, *might* be that Kepware has a programmable API that lets you set that programmatically, but you'd need to figure out how to do that (I've never looked at it) and have somewhere local to the Kepware server to execute that code controlled from the cloud (like an IoT Edge module).

This is probably a better question for your Kepware contact.

Sorry - I don't have a better answer

• Marked as answer by Moataz Hussien Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:43 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Moataz,

Checking this with Product Group. Please leverage https://github.com/Azure-Samples/iot-hub-how-to-kepware-edge/issues as well. Thanks! 

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:09 PM
  • Hi Moataz,

I'm not sure I understand the question.  So you connected successfully and see the data flowing into IoT Hub (via the Azure CLI), but you want to control which tags Kepware is sending to Azure?

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:53 PM
  • The connection is successful and I see the data flowing into IoT Hub (via the Azure CLI)

But I want to change the values of the data like changing the value of variables/tags of PLC (Tags of PLC are the data flowing into IoT Hub that I See via the Azure CLI). because I want to control any process from Azure Platform.

Can you know the solution ? 
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:37 AM
  •  I didn't use openssl to test the edge.So I can't know the reason the given error.

But this may help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTEHBkeYOY&t=139s

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:46 AM
  • that's what I thought you were asking...   Since in this case Kepware is "pushing" tags to IOT Hub, the place where you control what tags are being sent is on the Kepware side (time 9:55 in the video shows the processs).   Out of the box, we cannot control that from the IoT Hub side, as it's completely controlled within the Kepware environment.  To control is from the cloud side, *might* be that Kepware has a programmable API that lets you set that programmatically, but you'd need to figure out how to do that (I've never looked at it) and have somewhere local to the Kepware server to execute that code controlled from the cloud (like an IoT Edge module).

This is probably a better question for your Kepware contact.

Sorry - I don't have a better answer

• Marked as answer by Moataz Hussien Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:43 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Thank you for your help! 
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:44 AM