SSDT and using a previously created DataSet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Might be missing something here I created a data sources and a data set for some users using report builder and that all went fine. However how would I access that dataset in the select data dialog of ssdt I 

-right click on Reports.

-add new report

-select my previously created datasource (IE database) 

-click next it gives 

with no opportunity to access that shared data set? is that by design or an I missing something.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi RobMerritt,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot select a  shared dataset when create a report by using report wizard.

In order to use the shared dataset, you can create a report and add shared dataset in report directly.

If you have any concern about this behavior, you can submit a feedback at
    http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback and hope it is resolved in the next release of service pack or product. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi RobMerritt,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot select a  shared dataset when create a report by using report wizard.

In order to use the shared dataset, you can create a report and add shared dataset in report directly.

If you have any concern about this behavior, you can submit a feedback at
    http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback and hope it is resolved in the next release of service pack or product. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:41 AM
  • Will do 

thanks for the confirmation Charlie.

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:57 PM