TFS 2015 Builds failing RRS feed

• Question

• When running any TFS 2015 builds, I get this error, "Unable to obtain an authenticated token for running job Build with plan type Build and identifier Project Build Service (TEAM FOUNDATION).".

All was working just fine until last Tuesday, but I'm not sure what has changed. I'm hoping it is just a permissions thing. I have only found 1 article on the web that talks about this error, but I have tried all that it says with no success.

Can you help?

Monday, March 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Answers

• Resolved.

Resolution: Somehow (none of us knows how), our build service account lost its permissions to the Crypto directory. Our fix was to make the account the owner of the Crypto directory.

Details: We logged a priority incident with Microsoft. Their first glance at it had them baffled. We gave them a number of log files. They eventually determined that our service account had lost its permissions to the Crypto dir.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi TRostad,

>> but I have tried all that it says with no success.

What ways that you have tried?

You may try to set up a new build agent, the try queue build with this agent and check the result.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:17 AM
  • We've tried many things:

• New Agent
    • New Pool, New Agent
    • New Build Server, Pool, and Agent

...all with same error/result. The frustrating thing is that it worked up to about a week ago. So something had to have changed...just not sure what.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:40 PM
  • Hi TRostad,

Are others can queue build? Did TFS administrator upgrade TFS?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:52 AM
  • I am a TFS administrator. Also, others can queue a build, but all builds give the same error as above. We opened a ticket with Microsoft on this yesterday. Their first look at it has them stumped. I will try to update this thread when they find the solution.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hi TRostad,

Thanks, please feel free to post the result here after your get, which will benefit others who has the similar issue.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:47 AM
  • Resolved.

Resolution: Somehow (none of us knows how), our build service account lost its permissions to the Crypto directory. Our fix was to make the account the owner of the Crypto directory.

Details: We logged a priority incident with Microsoft. Their first glance at it had them baffled. We gave them a number of log files. They eventually determined that our service account had lost its permissions to the Crypto dir.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:32 PM
  • I have the same issue and do not know where the TFS crypto directory is (TFS 2015.  Could you please elaborate

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:37 PM