The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps, Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Declared package dependency unavailable: Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop, Neutral, Universal,Universal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to submit appxupload package on store but at last when validation happens I am getting the error like :

Declared package dependency unavailable: Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop, Neutral, Universal,Universal

The app is having dependency of Visual C++ runtime package. So I have included this dependency in the package.appxmanifest file.

<Dependencies>
        <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.14393.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.18362.0" />
        <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Desktop" MinVersion="10.0.14393.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.18362.0" />
        <PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" MinVersion="14.0.27323.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US" />
      </Dependencies>

This dependency should automatically get installed from the store when user installs the app. This is the retail version of the dependency. Why the package is not getting accepted on the store. I have also validated the package using Windows app certification kit and the overall result is passed. 

I have generated the package using visual studio 2019.

System Configuration:

System Type: X64

Please suggest the changes needs to be done.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I searched for the 'Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop'. From the document: C++ Runtime framework packages for Desktop Bridge, I see that the example uses MinVersion="14.0.24217.0" which is lower than MinVersion="14.0.27323.0" that you used in your dependencies. I downloaded the package manually from the document and installed it. It shows the version is 14.0.24217.0. I'm not sure where you know the 14.0.27323.0 version. But could you please use a lower version and try to upload it again? I suspect the 14.0.27323.0  version is not supported in the store.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply. I have made the changes as suggested by you. But still the package is not getting accepted on the store and I am getting the same error.

Thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

I've replied you in Microsoft Q&A:Declared package dependency unavailable: Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop, Neutral, Universal,Universal.

Please check that.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, November 15, 2019 6:08 AM