Visual Studio Community 2017 installer wont run, it starts by extracting something thenstops. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have tried to uninstall the visual studio 2017 so i right clicked on the visual studio installer and uninstalled visual studio. Now i have downloaded the VS 2017 professional and whenever i tried to run the installer, it shows the window to extract something then it stops working.

Thursday, September 3, 2020 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi AshishBisht0096,

>> I have tried to uninstall the visual studio 2017 so i right clicked on the visual studio installer and uninstalled visual studio.

## In fact, if you want to uninstall the Visual Studio 2017 Community, you could open your Visual Studio Installer and click on the “Uninstall”. For Visual Studio 2017 Community and Professional edition, they can be installed side by side in your computer.

According to your description, it seems that it is not uninstalled cleanly. You could use the InstallCleanup.exe to uninstall it. Then, retry the installation.

In addition, in order to investigate this further, please provide us with your installation logs. You could download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Anna

" .NET Framework Setup and Servicing " forum will be migrated to a new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the " .NET Framework Setup and Servicing " forums new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, September 4, 2020 4:07 AM
  • Hi there,

What about this issue now?

Any feedback will be expected.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 11, 2020 9:53 AM