We are using sharepoint to create an employee survey. The survey asks a set of qustions that fall into logical groups i.e
- About the Organisation
- About My Manager
- About Me
- About My Job
We can seperate the question sets onto different pages in the survey by using the page seperator. However, what we cant do is display a header on each page (subsection) of the survey to give the user the correct context in which to answer the questions.
Could anyone outline an approach to achieving this?
The closest solution that I have seen to do this is to have a question with a single radio button choice. Eg. http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/sharepoint/surveys/Lists/Business%20Intelligence%20Usage/NewForm.aspx
Because the Survey is a List, the only field types that can be added to the list can be found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spfieldtype.aspx . I believe that none of these types can provide the functionality you are after.
With a bit of effort in SharePoint Designer you can acheive what you are after.
- Open your site in SharePoint Designer.
- Browse to your list and open the NewForm.aspx web form.
- In the menu, File | Save As and give the form a new name. Eg. NewForm2.aspx
- In the new form, delete the <WebPartPages:ListFormWebPart>
- In the menu, Insert | SharePoint Controls | Custom List Form
- In the List or Document Library Form dialog, select the list, content type and form type.
- The new form web part is added and displayed. It is slightly different to the layout of the default survey new form but you can merge the table cells to make it look the same.
- You can now add headers and customise the page to fit your requirements.
- Save and view the new form!
found the survey quite cool.
Can u please let me know how u have given anoymous access to Survey Add page.
I tried giving anoymous access to add page, I enabled anoymous access in central administration, gave anoymous access to site, gave anoymous access to add page of survey thorugh editing permission and finally added the anoymous user in IIS site to site and gave it contribute persmissions.
Still anoymous access is not working.
Ya when I replace the anoymous user of IIS with some windows authentcated user, it was working fine.
What is that I am doing wrong ? Can anybody please help.
I also have another problem :
I have created a survey in MOSS 2007 having following questions.
3. Select One (having radio button options)
4. Select One from dropdownlist (having drop down list options)
5. Select (having checkbox options)
Now when I navigate to Overview page of survey, and select graphical responses.
Then the issue is - suppose 100 persons have responded to this survey then, for name and email it is showing 100 lines
which creates a very long page.
So I want to remove first two question from the Survey Graphical View responses.
In short I want to display graphical view of responses of only choice field questions. Is it possible by modifying default survey webpart ?
I create survey with first two compulsory questions, so I do not want to have this questions in Survey Graphical View responses page.
Please advice how can I achieve this.
Thanks in advance for your help.