none
Visual Studio 2019 (Project Settings Issue) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with Visual Studio 2019 when I try to access "View Windows Settings" I'm getting the following error: Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

I have restarted my PC, Uninstalled/Re-Installed, Ran as Administrator. The error still occurs, I have downgraded from 2019 to the 2013 version and the error isn't there on the 2013 version. 

I'm using the latest update of Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 & I'm on the 1903 version of Windows 10 (The Latest)

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Blurberry

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I might need to confirm something from you: Which project do you use? Does the “View Windows Settings” you said is an option from tools or properties?

As far as I know, this error message normally appears under SharePoint Project, if you use SharePoint Project, you could refer to this doc and follow below steps for troubleshooting.

• Reinstall the IIS Server and Reconfiguration.
    • Reinstall the Security patches applied on the SharePoint Server.
    • Reconfiguration on the SharePoint Products Wizard Configuration.
    • Restart all the SharePoint Webservices.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hello, thanks for the reply. I may have not made it clear in the thread because I was unable to post screenshots and I still can't unfortunately as I'm not verified yet. I'm making a test application on Visual Studio 2019 under the Visual Basic language. I'm trying to access "View Windows Settings" in the Project Settings to get access to some code to require the user to run the application as administrator. 

As for IIS Server 10.0 (That's the one I see) I tried to Re-install but I'm getting a dialogue when I click Re-install with the following message: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. 

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'iisexpress_amd64_en-US.msi' in the box below

• Edited by Blurberry Monday, October 21, 2019 5:44 AM Error Message on IIS Express 10.0 Reinstallation
    Monday, October 21, 2019 5:33 AM
  • Hi Blurberry,

Thank you for the feedback.

According to your description, I use VS 2019 and VS 2013 to test separately and I have reproduced your issue in my side.

This issue has been reported to the product team and they will try their best to solve this issue.

You could refer to this link and report or vote there.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:57 AM