none
XslCompiledTransform Crash error 0x800703e9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am migrating to XslCompiledTransform. Just when I thought I am done, I have this one last problem where the transform crashes with 0x800703e9 in the event log. I know it is the transform because if I disable the transform and display the raw xml it shows up fine.

I did some search and found that code corresponds to stack overflow error (?). If that is the case is there a limit in the size of xml documents that the xslcompiledtransform can handle? Is there another way to do large documents?

The application that I am using is a web application which calls another web service and does a transform on the xml that is returned from the web service.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Friday, May 4, 2007 2:22 PM

Answers

• Finally got Microsoft support to help me and found out that I was using the XsltCompiledTransform object in debug mode (new XsltCompiledTransform(true) true parameter turns on debugging). For some reason my server environment didn't like it. Removed the true parameter and the crash stopped happening.

Friday, November 2, 2007 11:17 PM

All replies

• Finally got Microsoft support to help me and found out that I was using the XsltCompiledTransform object in debug mode (new XsltCompiledTransform(true) true parameter turns on debugging). For some reason my server environment didn't like it. Removed the true parameter and the crash stopped happening.

Friday, November 2, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Um... that's not a solution. That's a bug and a temporary workaround.

About 3 weeks ago I was doing a transform with the debug set to true. And it worked fine (I was very impressed watching visual studio step through the transform).

I've just come back from holiday, and I find that Visual Studio now crashes when I try to step in to the .transform method. Stepping over is fine, or switching it to debug false also works.

If I can be bothered, I'll also try to raise it with Microsoft.

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:01 PM